Planning a huge event can prove to be no easy task. Often, clients seem frazzled when responding to questions through email. At Only One Mark, we really try to make our services as simple and clear as possible. If you are finding yourself in this position, here are some tips that may come in handy.
- BREATHE - Yes, you heard right. Take a deep breath in and breathe out slowly. The world will not end if everything you plan for your event does not go off with a hitch. Mentally prepare yourself for the unexpected. As long as you don't lose your poker face during the event, no one will notice there is something missing or wrong.
- Make a List - Grab your mobile device or go old school and grab a small notebook. Write the date on the top of the page and list the tasks for the day. You may not finish them all in one day, but at least you can check off each task as it is complete. Worse case scenerio: move the unfinished tasks to the following day's list. This will quickly help you prioritize important tasks.
- If help is needed, ask for it - That's right. Ask for help. You would be surprised at the amount of help that could be supplied if you only asked the right people. Don't drown in misery as your plans begin to flop away in the wind. Ask those around you for help, even if it is just to vent. They may remind you that not all hope is lost...or even better....help you figure out a solution to the issue.
- Be thoughtful and ask tough questions - Do It Yourself (DIY) Projects can be fun and even rewarding when enough time and effort are put towards a task. However, if that Pinterest Pin is just not coming out the way you hoped, its time to ask some hard questions.Take into consideration whether or not you need the item you are agonizing over or not. Will your event drastically deflate if you don't have that huge Step and Repeat Poster? Will guests snuff at you for not having little note tags on each of your event favors? Answer truthfully and proceed.
- When all else fails, call in a professional - If there is something that is a huge need for your event, call in a professional. We at Only One Mark want to make your event as successful and memorable as you imagine it to be. If you can imagine it, we can make it a reality. Need small "Thank You" gift tags for your party favors? We can design and have them ready for assembly. Have no idea how you are going to display your menu or create place cards for your guests to find their seats? We got you covered.
So what are you waiting for?! Start getting organized!
What's still on your event "To Do" list?